Alsace and Bordeaux Bread Pudding
- 1 loaf French bread or 12 bread slices
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups half-n-half
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick of butter
- 4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Slice bread and arrange slices in a buttered flat baking dish in 2 rows and 2 layers.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, half-n-half, milk, sugar, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth. Pour mixture over bread slices, make sure all are covered with the mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350º. Sprinkle raisins over the top and bake for 45 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve hot.