• 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 egg
• 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped
• 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
• 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
• 7 tablespoons almond flavored liqueur or Amaretto
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the egg. Stir in the flour until just blended. Mix in the apricots and almonds.
- Transfer the dough to a sheet of plastic wrap and shape into a log, about 12-inches long and 1 1/2-inches in diameter. Wrap the dough in the plastic and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Line 2 heavy baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut the dough log crosswise into 1/2 inch-thick slices. Transfer the cookies to the prepared baking sheets, spacing evenly apart. Bake until the cookies are golden around the edges, about 15 minutes. Let cool.
- To make icing: place the confectioners’ sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Gradually whisk in the almond flavored liqueur or until the mixture is of drizzling consistency.