Baked Rice Cake
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Japanese pre-sliced round rice cake (6 pieces)
- Japanese seaweed (6 pieces)
- 3/4 cup Chicken broth
- 2 slices Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoon fried onion pieces
- In a large skillet, heat the oil then add the rice cakes. Pan-fry the rice cakes with low heat until soft.
- Combine the soy sauce and sugar then brush the sauce on the rice cakes. Wrap each rice cake with a piece of seaweed and place in a baking dish. Set aside. Preheat oven to 250º.
- In a saucepan, boil the chicken broth and add cheddar cheese. Stir until combined. Pour the cheese sauce over the rice cakes.
- Bake the rice cakes for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.