Bistro Shrimp Alfredo Pasta
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 pound portobello mushrooms, diced
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (15 ounce) jar Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente.
- Melt butter together with the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onion and cook until translucent which is about 2 minutes. Stir in garlic, red pepper, and mushroom. Cook over medium-high heat until soft which is about another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp and cook until pink then pour in Alfredo sauce and Romano cheese. Bring to a simmer stirring constantly until thickened which is about 5 minutes. Season with cayenne, salt, and pepper to taste. Combine drained pasta into the sauce.