Broccoli & Cheese Bake
- 2 pounds fresh broccoli, trimmed and cut into large florets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 pound cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350º. Butter a casserole.
- Steam the broccoli until tender which is about 10 minutes. Melt the butter in a medium skillet and saute the celery, mushrooms, and onions until soft which is about 10 minutes. Combine the broccoli and vegetables in a bowl.
- In a saucepan, combine mushroom soup and cheese until the cheese melts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the vegetables and cheese soup into the casserole. Bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese immediately and serve.