Chicken Fettuccine with Pesto Cream Sauce
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound fettuccine
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap. Pound chicken to an even 3/4-inch thickness with a meat mallet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet and cook the chicken until golden brown about 4 minutes per side. Slice each piece across the grain into 4 strips then keep warm.
- Cook pasta until al dente. Reserve 1/4 cup cooking water. Drain pasta and return to pot.
- In a small saucepan, warm pesto over low heat and stir in cream. Toss pasta with reserved cooking water and half the sauce. Transfer pasta to serving dish and top with chicken.