Classic Date Nut Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup dates, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease a loaf pan with butter.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and sugar. Pour in melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix well. Stir in dates and walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes.