Conghilie Pasta with Clams
- 1 pound conghilie/small shells pasta
- 1 pound broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 pound small littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 1 pound mussels, debearded
- 1 1/2 cup white wine
- Add the pasta to a large pot of salted boiling water and cook for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the broccoli into the pasta water and continue cooking until the pasta is tender but still firm to the bite, and the broccoli is blanched, about 3 minutes. Drain pasta and broccoli. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and add the garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and saute for 3 minutes then add the clams, mussels, and wine. Cook for 5 minutes, making sure all the shells have opened. Discard any shells that remain closed.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, broccoli, and clams. Season with more salt and pepper if desired.