- 1 pound crabmeat, picked free of shells
- 1/3 cup crushed Ritz crackers
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients. Shape into patties and dust with flour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Carefully place crab cakes, in batches, and fry until browned which is about 5 minutes. Flip crab cakes and fry the other side until golden browned which is about 4 minutes. Serve warm with preferred sauce.