Crunchy Chicken Tenders
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders (about 17)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup Italian-style seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 500º.
- Brush 1 tablespoon of oil over each of 2 heavy large lined baking sheets. Place the buttermilk in a large bowl. Add the chicken tenders and stir to coat. Let stand at least 15 minutes and up to 30 minutes.
- Mash the garlic in a medium bowl and whisk in the vinegar then the remaining 1/2 cup of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the vinaigrette to a small serving bowl.
- Remove the chicken tenders from the buttermilk and dredge them in the bread crumb to coat completely, pressing to adhere. Arrange the coated chicken tenders on the prepared baking sheets, spacing evenly. Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil over the chicken tenders and bake until they are cooked through and golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken tenders to a platter and serve the vinaigrette alongside for dipping.