Fresh Asparagus and Lump Crab Salad
- 2 small bunches of fresh asparagus
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped chervil
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat or store-brought ready to eat lump crabmeat is fine too
- Trim off about 2 inches from the bottom of the asparagus. Boil a large pot of salted water. Add the asparagus and cook for 3 minutes then remove and place in a bowl of ice water for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, shallots, garlic, chervil, and tarragon. Season with salt and pepper. Add the crabmeat and mix well. Season with salt again if needed.
- Arrange the asparagus on a platter and spoon crabmeat mixture over the center of the asparagus. Serve this beautiful and unique salad!