Garlic Mushroom Risotto
- 6 cups chicken broth, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 pound white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 4 tablespoons butter
- In a saucepan, warm the broth over low heat.
- In a large saucepan, warm the olive oil and stir in the mushrooms, and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Remove mushrooms and its liquid. Set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet and stir in the shallots and garlic. Add rice, stirring to coat with oil, about 2 minutes. When the rice has taken on a pale, golden color, pour in wine, stirring constantly until the wine is fully absorbed. Add 1/2 cup broth to the rice and stir until the broth is absorbed. Continue adding broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring continuously, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in mushrooms, butter, and chives. Season with salt and pepper to taste.