German Nougat Balls
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon strong brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 cup ground hazelnuts
- Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently with a rubber spatula. Remove the bowl from the heat until chocolate is melted.
- In a separate bowl, combine the confectioner’s sugar and cocoa powder. Mix in the vanilla, coffee, rum, and nuts. The mixture should be fairly thick. Add more rum if necessary.
- Allow the mixture to cool then shape the mixture into 1/2 inch diameter balls. Dip the balls into the melted chocolate. Chill until firm.