Herb Potato Salad
- 3 pounds small white boiling potatoes
- Sea salt
- 2 tablespoons good dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup good olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- Place the potatoes and 2 tablespoons salt in a large pot of water. Bring the water to a boil then lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are barely tender when pierced with a knife. Drain the potatoes in a colander then place the colander with the potatoes over the empty pot off the heat. Leave the potatoes to steam for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender but firm.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the wine, chicken stock, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, 2 teaspoons salt and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil to make an emulsion. Set aside.
- Cut potatoes into quarters or halves. Place the cut potatoes in a large bowl and pour enough dressing over them to moisten. Add the onion and tarragon. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss well and refrigerate for couple hours to allow the flavors to blend.