- 6 eggs
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 pounds spinach, rinsed and chopped
- 2 3/4 ounces croutons
- 1 package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Place eggs in a pot and cover completely with cold water. Bring water to a boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 minutes. Remove from hot water and cool. Once cool, peel, and chop.
- Place bacon and onions in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Prepare the dressing in a blender by combining the sugar, salt, oil, vinegar, pepper, and Dijon mustard.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the eggs, bacon, spinach, croutons, and mushrooms. Coat salad with dressing. Toss and serve.