• 2 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
• 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
• 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375º. Grease twenty-four 3-inch Madeleine molds.
2. In a medium bowl beat eggs, vanilla and lemon zest with an electric mixer on high speed for 5 minutes. Gradually beat in the confectioners’ sugar. Beat for 5 minutes or until thick.
3. Sift together the flour and baking powder. Sift one-fourth of the flour mixture over the egg mixture, gently fold in. Fold in the remaining flour by fourths. Then fold in the cooled butter. Spoon batter into the prepared molds, filling 3/4 full.
4. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges are golden. Cool in molds and loosen cookies with a knife. Invert cookies onto a rack and cool.