- 1 large white radish, about 1 feet
- 3 teaspoons of sugar
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- Wash and clean the radish. Peel the skin with a vegetable peeler. Slice the radish down the middle then slice diagonally. Slice one of the four sections into thin slices. Place in a large glass or ceramic jar then sprinkle with salt. Slice another section into thin slices and place inside the jar then sprinkle with more salt. Repeat this process with the remaining two sections. Wrap the jar with plastic food wrap and let sit for 24 hours in room temperature.
- Remove all the radish slices from the jar and place in a large strainer. Wash with water and let drain. After water has completely drained, place all radish slices back into the jar.
- Add soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sugar to the jar. Mix well and wrap well with plastic food wrap. Let marinade in the refrigerator for at least two days. Serve after two days and re-season with salt or sugar to taste.