Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken with Herbed Cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup soft goat cheese
- 3 dates, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 large, thin slices of prosciutto
- Preheat oven to 350º. Spread 1 tablespoon of olive oil on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the shallots and cook until translucent which is about 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Transfer the shallot mixture to a bowl. Mix in the goat cheese, dates, and basil. Stir and combine.
- Cut a 1-inch long slit into the thick side of each chicken breast. Work your fingers into the slit and expand the slit to form a pocket in the breast meat. With a spoon, stuff each chicken breast with about 1/4 cup of the goat cheese mixture. Wrap each chicken breast in a slice of prosciutto so that the pocket opening is covered. Place the chicken breasts, seam sides down, onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken meat is no longer pink and the prosciutto is browned and crisp which is about 35 minutes. Turn the chicken breasts over after 15 minutes.