- 3/4 pound small red-skinned potatoes, halved
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- Red pepper flakes
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 skin-on, bone-in chicken breasts
- 10 ounces cremini mushrooms, halved
- Preheat the oven to 450º. Cover the potatoes with salted cold water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until tender which is about 8 minutes then drain and set aside.
- Combine the rosemary leaves, garlic, salt, and the red pepper flakes. Transfer the paste to a bowl. Stir in the juice of 1 lemon and the olive oil. Add the chicken and turn to coat.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, skin-side down, cover and cook until the skin browns, about 5 minutes. Turn the chicken then add the mushrooms and potatoes to the skillet and drizzle with the remaining lemon juice.
- Add the rosemary sprigs and the squeezed lemon halves to the skillet then transfer to the oven and roast, uncovered, until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is crisp about 20 minutes.