Salami Biscuits from Italy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup salami, diced
- (Optional) 2 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and soda, salt, and cold butter in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl.
- Add buttermilk, salami, and Gorgonzola to the flour mixture. Stir until mixture forms a ball then turn mixture out on a floured surface. Roll dough to 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut out biscuits by using a 1-inch diameter cookie cutter and place on baking sheets. Bake until golden which is approximately 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!