Shrimp Fra Diavolo
- 1 pound large shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- In a medium bowl, combine shrimps, salt, and red pepper flakes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add shrimps and saute for 2 minutes, remove from heat immediately and set aside. Saute the onions in the same skillet until translucent which is about 5 minutes then add the tomatoes, wine, garlic, and oregano. Simmer until the sauce thickens which is about 10 minutes.
- Return the shrimps to the sauce mixture and cook for about a minute for the flavors to meld together. Transfer to a beautiful serving dish and sprinkle with fresh basil leaves.