Shrimp on Garlic Toasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 slices of crusty french bread
- 1 1/4 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat then add the garlic, salt and red pepper flakes. Cook for 2 minutes and remove from the heat. Brush both sides of the bread with some of the garlic mixture and arrange on a baking sheet. Broil the bread until toasted about 1 minute per side. Divide the bread among 4 bowls.
- Place the skillet with the remaining garlic mixture over high heat. Add the shrimp and toss to coat then stir in the wine and lemon juice. Transfer to the broiler and cook until the shrimp are pink which is about 5 minutes then transfer to the bowls.
- Return the skillet to high heat and boil the cooking liquid until slightly thickened then stir in the chives. Whisk in the remaining 1 tablespoon butter and pour over the shrimps. Serve immediately.