Shrimp & Tomato Pasta
- 1 pound fettuccine pasta
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 flat fillets anchovies
- 1 hot red or green chile, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- One 28-ounce can Italian tomatoes in puree
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 pound large shrimp—deveined, tails discarded, and halved lengthwise
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 basil leaves, chopped roughly
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain, reserving about 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Stir in the anchovies, chile, and garlic then cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the wine and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken stock, the tomatoes, and crush the tomatoes with a masher. Season with oregano, salt and pepper. Simmer over medium heat until reduced which is about 20 minutes.
- Season the shrimps with salt and the lemon juice. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat then add the shrimps and cook until pink which is about 2 minutes. Add to the sauce. Stir in the pasta, reserved pasta cooking water, basil, and toss to combine. Serve immediately!