Steaks with Sauteed Mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound New York strip steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1 package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons red wine
- Sea salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, salt, pepper, onion powder, and thyme. Sprinkle onto each side of the steaks. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and minced garlic and saute for about 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and cook until tender. Stir in the red wine and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- In another skillet, fry steaks for about 5 minutes per side or to your preferred degree. Top with mushrooms and serve.