- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup any flavor fruit jam
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 320º. Grease cookie sheets.
- Cream butter, sugar, and egg yolk together. Add vanilla, flour, walnuts, and salt. Mix well.
- Shape dough into balls. Place on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven. With thumb, dent each cookie. Put jelly or preserves in each thumbprint. Bake for another 8 minutes.