Tomato Sauce with Pancetta Pasta
- 6 ounces of pancetta, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 can tomato puree
- 1 pound linguine
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano
- Sea Salt
- Pinch of dried crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet, saute pancetta with butter over medium heat until golden brown which is about 8 minutes then add the onions and saute for 5 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper flakes then season with salt. Stir in tomato puree and simmer uncovered over medium-low heat until sauce thickens which is about 15 minutes. Season the sauce with salt, to taste.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the linguine until tender but still firm to the bite which is about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Toss the linguine with the sauce and sprinkle Pecorino Romano cheese on top. Blend well and season with salt if necessary.