Tuna Sandwiches in Paris
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 Italian rolls or other soft rolls, halved
- 1 medium bunch arugula or 2 cups lettuce
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup jarred artichoke hearts, well drained and sliced
- 2 (6-ounce) cans oil-packed tuna
- 4 to 8 anchovy fillets, drained (optional)
- Place the eggs in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and cool in a bowl of cold water.
- Combine the vinegar, salt, and pepper and whisk in the olive oil. Put the rolls cut-side up on a work surface and lightly drizzle with a quarter of the dressing. Place the arugula on the roll bottoms. Top with the sliced tomato and artichokes. Season with salt and drizzle with another quarter of the dressing.
- Drain the tuna and toss the tuna in the remaining dressing then divide among the sandwiches. Peel and thinly slice the hard-boiled eggs and layer the slices over the tuna. Top with the anchovy fillets, if desired. Cover with the roll tops and wrap the sandwiches in plastic wrap then place it in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes before serving.