• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 sticks butter, softened
• 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup quick cooking oats
• 3/4 cup shredded coconut flakes
• 8 ounces white chocolate, melted
• 3/4 cup toasted, shredded coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the baking powder, baking soda, flour and salt. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg. Add the dry ingredients and beat until just combined. Fold in the oats, vanilla extract and shredded coconut flakes.
- Form walnut-sized balls of the mixture and drop 2 inches apart onto parchment paper-lined sheet pans. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the bottoms of the cookies are golden brown.
- When the cookies are cool, dip them halfway into the melted white chocolate and then into the toasted shredded coconut flakes. Set them down onto parchment paper-lined sheet pans to dry completely.