White Wine Scallops with Herbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 ½ pounds scallops (not in shell)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 more tablespoons cold butter
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 tablespoons toasted and seasoned bread crumbs
- Melt the 2 tablespoons butter and the olive oil together in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, shallot and garlic.
- Lightly dust the scallops in flour and add to the hot pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes or until lightly brown. Turn the scallops and add the wine. Cook over medium heat until reduced to a glaze which is about 3 minutes.
- Swirl in the cold butter and herbs. Shake the pan gently until the butter is melted and the sauce is glaze. Season to taste. Spoon onto a platter and garnish with the toasty bread crumbs.