- 1 pound bulk mild Italian sausage
- 1 1/4 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 5 (13.75 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 6 potato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 bunch fresh spinach, tough stems removed
- Cook the Italian sausage and red pepper flakes over medium-high heat until crumbly and browned, about 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain and stir in the onions and garlic. Cook about 5 minutes.
- Pour the chicken broth into the Dutch oven with the bacon and onion mixture. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add the potatoes and boil until fork tender, about 20 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the heavy cream, spinach and the cooked sausage. Let boil and serve.