- 2 lb. russet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/4″ thick rounds
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. parsley, chopped
- Sea salt
- Cover potatoes with 2” cold water. Bring to a boil and let simmer until crisp tender, about 4 minutes. Drain completely.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet until shimmering, add 1/2 potatoes and 1/2 of the onions. Let cook until potatoes are starting to crisp and the onions are golden, about 5 minutes. Add the rest of the butter, oil, potatoes, and onions and continue to cook, mixing until all onions are softened and browned, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley. Season with salt and pepper before serving.